Monday, May 11, 2009

God gave me a car.

So it's been a while since i created this blog and I just need to make sure i keep up with this.  can yall hold me accountable?  Thanks!  
This insert is just a little testimony to the goodness of the Lord.  

So I am a full time missionary and soon after joining staff here at IHOP-KC i sold my new truck (so hard to do.. i loved that beast.) I felt at the time that it was necessary considering the income i was pulling in. Plus i only lived a mile from the missions base so I would walk there or get a ride with one of my roomies.  About 6 months (this is 2 years ago) into being on staff here I began asking for a car from the Lord.  I knew it was a big item but i felt that He could handle it.. After all He owns everything.  A little after this I heard the Lord say He would give me one.  I thought "sweet!"  

1 year passed and still no car.  So I figured i would buy my own car (credit) from a friend and pay him back.  I found out soon that this was a big mistake. 1. because of the credit and 2 because the Lord already had told me he was going to give me a car. I decided not to trust HIM!  I ended up selling the car and paying my friend back.  And now 2 years later my best supporter (my mom) gives me 1k to buy a car (specifically.)  I think "this is great You gave me a car Lord!  Now all i have to do is find one.  So like any good shopper i went to craigslist and began the search.  After one month I had a taken 3 test drives, 2 awesome deals fell through my fingers and still no car.  At this point I had looked at every car in the greater Kansas City area that was under 1500.  So i bumped my search up to $3000 just to see what else was out there.  
I came across this sweet subaru 1998 outback with 140k miles on it.  It was worth 4500 but he was only asking 2800.  And of course I emailed him explaining i was a missionary who needed a car and a supporter gave me $1000 for one.  I then asked if he would take it.  
His response after talking with him on the phone was this:
"I talked with my wife and we think you should keep the 1k for repairs it may need and we want to give it to  you."  
I can't describe the emotions I felt as that prayer that i prayed for 2 years was answered.  He is so faithful and His timing is perfect.   

It's so easy to forget that the Father is our provider.  For some of us it's due to our huge paycheck for others we feel like we never see His provision.  But if we could grasp the reality in Matthew 6 that as we seek Him He will take care of our needs (physical, spiritual etc..) we would maybe not work so hard, spend more time with Him, not be in debt, etc..  Plus it is so much fun to trust Him and see His provision and it awakens even more love in our hearts for Him... 
I am continually asking for an increase of faith to believe for His provision and a grace to give generously to missions and the poor (this is key.)  I have so much room for growth in this it's ridiculous.  

So here is your assignment.  Hah!  If you want to that is.  
Ask the Lord for something you need.  See if He wont come through and blow your mind with His ways.  And then tell me about it.  
ps.  
Here is a list of items and ways He gave them to me just in the last 3 weeks:
-shoes (korean friend)
-designer jeans (korean friend)
-laptop (friend and co-worker)
-car (guy off craigslist)
how cool is that?

8 comments:

  1. hey Baby-Face Kondo. Love the car story. The only reason God doesn't do more stuff like this is because we don't give Him the opportunity. We are always too busy trying to 'fix' things ourselves and 'make it work'. Glad you learned a LIFE lesson and got a great car in the process!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging Ryan! You're already great at it! Just saw your tweet about your teeth. Healing in the name of Jesus!

    But that is so amazing about your car!
    Blessings,
    Abby :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Blessing! Just check out the service record and VIN and carfax to be sure the seller actually owned the car! richard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ryan,

    I actually heard this story from one of your friends...who didn't say who it was. This is an awesome story of God's faithfulness. He is so good! Be blessed my friend I will be reading you and adding you to the World's Largest IHOP-KC Blogroll. www.soulpants.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha love love love this story! God things are so great... whether they are big or small, the beauty is that he's interested in it ALL. l have a God story on my blog about a beagle... if you're ever bored, check it out.

    love and besitos to you and the bets

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is SUCH a great story! I've had Him give me the money I needed for a plane ticket just before I needed it.. this is a smaller one, but yesterday I asked for Chipotle (which I couldn't afford) and that night, I ended up going with my sister who bought some for me...only once we were driving up did I remember that I had asked the Lord for it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ryan, thanks for sharing your life with us through blogging... we love hearing from you! love on your wife from us ~ we miss you guys lots!!! praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need a car
    And I always pray to god to give me the car
    But I waited alot and I really need it
    I did believe that I got the promise from god that he will give me one
    I really hope that will happen soon so I can write the story like you did

    ReplyDelete